Weight Loss Program FAQ's
- Can I get a ball park pricing for my surgery?
If there is a specific surgery you are interested in we can give you a ball park price for Dr. Bonaldi's fee's only that does not include Anesthesia or operating room fees. The pricing may change once you have consulted with Dr. Bonaldi about your agreed surgical procedure.
- Why are some plastic surgeons more expensive than others?
Some plastic surgeons have more credentialing and experience than others and should be a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) or the American Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).
The amount of years a plastic surgeon has been performing surgeries and how many of those surgeries they do yearly can determine a pricing differential between doctors. Typically, more experienced doctors charge higher fees for their expertise.
- What is the difference between Local and General Anesthesia?
Local Anesthesia refers to the injection of Lidocaine to numb the area to be operated on, but can also include "Twilight Sleep" sedation through an IV. General Anesthesia completely sedates the patient throughout the entire procedure.
- Why can't I have the same facelift or surgical procedure as my friend?
Every patient has their own predominate indications for a facelift and other procedures which may mean the surgery your friend had is not the right choice for you. Dr. Bonaldi wants you to have the best outcome possible and will explain the difference to you in the consultation.
- How long do I have to wait to book my surgery after my consultation?
If you have a very specific time frame in mind for surgery, you should call the office to book your consultation at least 2-3 months in advance to your ideal surgery date. Dr. Bonaldi operates on Monday and Wednesday and sees patients in his office for consultations on Tuesday and Thursday. You are also welcome to book surgery at the time of your consultation. We are unable to "hold" surgery time until you have seen Dr. Bonaldi in person.
- How long will my surgical recovery be?
Please see your specific surgical procedure on our website for recovery time.
FAQ's - Skincare
- What does the Weight Loss Program include?
- Complete History and Physical completed by Dr. Bonaldi or his Nurse Practitioner, education of the Paleo Diet, B12 Lipo Shots, and optional appetite suppressant medication called Phentermine. Your health and goals will determine whether or not you are a candidate for the prescription medication.
- How successful is this program?
- It is 100% successful and sustainable, depending on how dedicated you are to adapting to the Paleo diet and following the rules to the plan.
- How much weight can I expect to lose?
- Every client is different depending on how dedicated they are to their success, but the average weight loss is between 1-3 pounds per week.
- What is the Paleo diet, and why is it so successful?
- The Paleo diet is based on eating lean proteins, healthy fats, fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds. These are the nutrients that our bodies want and need. There are no magic shakes, pills, or cutting calories, just proper eating habits. Eliminating dairy, glutens and sugar are essential when following this plan.
- What are the B12 Lipo Shots and Phentermine and what do they do?
- B12 Lipo shots contain multiple B vitamins and other nutrients that help speed up your metabolism, which helps speed up the weight loss process. Phentermine is a prescription appetite suppressant that helps curb your cravings while you get used to your new eating style, the medication is temporary and only to be used for a short period of time.
How many chemical peels will I need to achieve my desired goal?
This will depend on your expectations, downtime limitations and type of peel that you and your Aesthetician decide on.
What is the cost of chemical peels?
Our peels range in price from $125.00 to $200.00.
Do you offer a discount if I buy and schedule more than one chemical peel?
Yes, we offer a discount if you purchase 3 or more peels. Often we have discounts for a series of peels that will also include some of our most popular products. Please visit our website for monthly specials or "like" us on Facebook for the most updated discount promotions.
Which treatment will give me the best results for achieving my desired goal?
During your complimentary consultation with a senior Aestheticians or our Nurse, we will design a personal treatment plan that is specifically based on your skin needs. This most often includes physician based skin care products in addition to treatment options.
Will there be any preparation time or product protocol before or after my chemical peel or laser treatment?
Yes, The protocol for each laser and chemical peel is specific to each treatment. For your optimum result, we will consult with you and write down instructions for your home care routine for both before and after each treatment.
Are the chemical peels uncomfortable, do they hurt?
Each treatment has a varied treatment reaction. This will be discussed prior to your treatment appointment so you will know what to expect.
How much time do I schedule between chemical peels?
This depends on the peel that you have chosen what your goal is and how aggressive you would like to be. This will be discussed during your first treatment, or at consultation.
How much "down time" should I plan for?
Depending on the peel you choose, you may have anywhere from no down time to possibly 4 to 6 days of peeling time.
What is Hydroquinone and why would I use it?
Hydroquinone is most commonly referred to as a "Bleaching Cream". We would prescribe this product for most patients who have areas with hyper pigmentation (brown spots) that they would like to correct.
What is Retin-A and why would I use it?
Retin-A is prescribed for a number of skin problems and concerns. It is used to help heal and control most types of acne, it helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and correcting hyper pigmentation issues. Retin-A will increase cellular turn over and works at the cellular level to improve your skins overall health and appearance.
Which is my better choice, a chemical peel, a laser treatment or surgery with Dr. Bonaldi?
This is a question that would be best addressed in your personal consultation with either Dr. Bonaldi or our Patient Concierge. For most of our patients, the choice they make is dictated by their desired result, rocvery time, and personal finances.
I am planning to lose weight and I'm excited to have a surgical procedure with Dr. Bonaldi, what should I do?
You should lose your desired amount of weight first then schedule your consultation with Dr. Bonaldi for best results.
FAQ for Botox and injectables
FAQ'S for Laser Treatments
- What is the difference between botox and filler?
We develop lines on our face for 2 reasons. The first are "dynamic lines" caused by the muscles contracting under the skin. An example of these are "frown lines" and "crows feet". Botox causes the muscle not to contract in the area it is injected and thereby, decreasing the lines The other type, "static lines or folds", are caused by a loss of fat, collagen and elastin in our skin. Fillers, such as Juvederm and Restylane give volume to help restore a youthful appearance.
- How does Botox lift the brow?
The muscles in our body all have opposing muscles. As example is the arm, the bicep pulls up and the tricep pulls down. In the forehead, the glabella and corrugators pull down and the frontalis pulls up. By placing botox in the glabella and corrugator, the frontalis is allowed to pull up without opposition.
Which laser has the least amount of downtime?
The Intense Pulsed Light for brown spots and redness and the Fraxel Resurfacing Laser Treatment which is 1-2 days.
How much downtime for hair removal?
Depending on which area of the face or body that is treated, you could have some pinking of the skin for 1-2 days. We give you a post care cream to take home with you.
Which laser treats wrinkling and laxity and how much downtime is associated with it?
Our Active/Deep FX laser is FDA approved for treating tone, texture and tightening of the skin. Downtime is 5-6 days, see the Active/Deep FX under the "skincare" section on our website for more details.
Which laser treats my brown spots, hyperpigmentation or redness? The IPL treatment, please see website under Skincare for more info.
Can my neck, chest, arms and hands be treated?
Yes, we often use the Fraxel Resurfacing Laser Treatment or the IPL which are all FDA approved for treatments on the body.